LOUISVILLE BATS TO HOST CHRISTMAS IN JULY, TOYS FOR TOTS TOY DRIVE
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Louisville Bats return from the All-Star Break with a four-game series at Louisville Slugger Field against the Indianapolis Indians beginning Thursday, July 14. The series will feature two Reds’ rehab starters pitching for the Bats, Homer Bailey (Friday) and Tim Adleman (Saturday).
, the Bats will host a Christmas in July game and also wear Ugly Christmas Sweater jerseys that will be auctioned off at www.bats.milbauctions.com
. The auction will begin on Wednesday, July 20 at 10:00 a.m.
and will end on Wednesday July 27 at 10:00 p.m.
For the game, there will be photo opportunities with Santa Claus in the Hall of Fame Pavilion from 6:15-8 p.m. Special decorations for the photos, provided by Christmas at the Galt House. The Toys for Tots Toy Drive will take place when fans enter the gates. You can donate any new/unwrapped toy when entering and receiver a voucher for a FREE hot dog and small Pepsi.
During the game check-in to the Bats mobile app and automatically be entered for a chance to win special Bats logo gifts. Each inning we will randomly select one lucky fan that has checked-in as a winner for the 9-innings of Christmas Giveaways promotion, with the winners being announced on the videoboard. Prizes include Bats logo merchandise, team autographed items, a $250 Shane Co. gift card, ugly Christmas sweater jerseys and more!
On Thursday night will be another Budweiser Game Time Happy Hour from 5:30-7 p.m. with live music by Wildwood from 5:30-6:25 p.m. on the Overlook Deck. Also, the KY Lottery Corvette will be parked on the Witherspoon Plaza and will also be driven around the warning track during the game.
Friday, the 2016 Bats team photo giveaway will be given to the first 2,000 fans, presented by Ford. Also on Friday, there will be another postgame fireworks show, sponsored by Sysco.
The Bats come out of the break with a 44-47 record 4.5 games back of the division-leading Columbus Clippers. Indianapolis is 3.5 games ahead of Louisville and just 1.0 game back of the Clippers. Jermaine Curtis will appear in the Triple-A All-Star Game tonight at 7:00 p.m. and will be broadcast on MLB Network.
Homestand Highlights July 14-17
Thursday, July 14 – Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians – 7:05 pm
· Thirsty Thursday: $1 Bud & Bud Light from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Presented by Budweiser, iHeartRadio, Courier-Journal & Kentucky Lottery.
· Live Music on the Overlook Deck from ‘Wildwood’ from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Friday, July 15 – Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians – 7:05 pm
· Fireworks presented by Sysco
· 2016 Team Photo Giveaway (1st 2,000) presented by Ford.
Saturday, July 16 – Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians – 6:05 pm
· Christmas in July presented by Shane Co.
· Magnet Giveaway (1st 2,500) presented by Shane Co.
· Beach Towel Giveaway (1st 500) on the Overlook Deck presented by Shock Top.
· Backyard Bash: Cornhole on the Overlook until 7:30; $3 14 oz. Goose Island IPA, AmberBock and Shock Top at the Overlook Grill until the end of the 7th inning; adult fans may register to win two (2) 2016 World Series tickets. Presented by Anheuser-Busch.
· Friends & Family Night: Four Field Reserved tickets, four hats & four Raising Cane’s meal vouchers for only $39. Presented by Raising Cane’s.
Sunday, July 17 – Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians – 6:05 pm
· Kids Eat Free: All kids 12-and-under with paid admission receive a free hot dog, junior nacho and small Pepsi. One meal per child. Presented by Mortenson Family Dental, WDRB, Meijer, Pepsi & Courier-Journal.
· Kids Inflatable FunZone: 5-8 p.m. in the climate-controlled Hall of Fame pavilion presented by Mortenson Family Dental, BracesBracesBraces and Kids Dentistree.
· Kids Run the Bases presented by Meijer, Subway & YMCA.
The Bats have averaged 8,827 fans per game at Louisville Slugger Field since its opening in 2000 and have totaled over 10 million fans through 16 seasons. Tickets for all regular season games are available. The entire 2016 Bats schedule, including updated promotions and special events, can be found at batsbaseball.com. Single-game tickets may be purchased online, by calling1-855-228-8497 or by visiting the Louisville Slugger Field box office. Full and partial season tickets, along with group outings and suite rentals are available by calling the Bats front office at 502-212-2287.