Information from Louisville Metro’s Emergency Services Department:
Louisville, KY., – The application period is now open until 1/23/2019. Applicants can expect to be contacted by email once the position has closed for application – please be sure to check your junk/spam folders as sometimes emails are misdirected to those locations. If you applied and do not receive an email by 2/1/2019, please email email@example.com.
Louisville Metro EMS is hiring an EMT Recruit class to begin in Spring 2019. This site will be a main point of communication for the selection process which will include the latest process updates and applicant information.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY – deadline to apply is 1/23/2019
4 Month Paid Training Class
Pay During Training: $13.05/hour
Pay After Certification: $15.61/hour
The EMT Recruit position is an opportunity for individuals seeking certification and full-time employment as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). EMT Recruits will be paid during the 4 month training process ($13.05 per hour) and are eligible for benefits. Upon successful certification as an EMT, Recruits will be promoted to a full-time EMT position ($15.61 per hour) with Louisville Metro EMS. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements at the time of application:
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- No Felony Convictions – Misdemeanors are considered on a case by case basis.
Please click the below links for more information about this process.
- Download Applicant Forms Below (to be submitted at Information and Testing Session)
- Background Investigation Questionnaire
- Authorization for Record Check Form
- Out-of-State Record Check Form – Only required if applicant has lived outside Kentucky in last 7 years
- Visitor Parking Map for Information and Testing Sessions
- Selection Process Overview
- About Louisville Metro EMS
- Metro Government Benefits
If you have any questions related to this process or about the position, please contact: